Taco Chicken Tenders with Lemon Garlic Butter Zucchini Noodles
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20
- 2 pounds chicken tenders, or 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 4-5 medium zucchini, rinsed and spiralized (or a pack of store-bought Zucchini Noodles)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons Taco seasoning *Siete brand is great!
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce of choice, optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Slices of lemon, for garnish
Serving Size: Protein & veggies dependent on allowed amount per individual meal plan
Step 1: Combine chicken strips with Taco seasoning. Allow sitting on the counter while prepping the other ingredients.
Step 2: In the meantime, wash and trim the ends of the zucchini. Using a spiralizer, make the zucchini noodles, then set aside.
Step 3: Heat two tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Gently stir-fry the chicken strips on all sides until golden brown. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside to a plate. You might have to work in batches to avoid crowding the pan and have steamed chicken instead of browned.
Step 4: In the same skillet over medium-high, add two tablespoons butter, lemon juice, hot sauce, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and allow to reduce for 1-2 minutes, stirring regularly.
Step 5: Stir in fresh parsley and minced garlic, then add the zucchini noodles and toss for two to three minutes to cook it up. Allow the cooking juices to reduce for one minute if the zucchini noodles render too much water. Add the Taco chicken bites back to the pan and stir for another minute to reheat. Garnish with more parsley, crushed chili pepper, and lemon slices and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe compliments of eatwell101.com