Chicken Alfredo with Zoodles
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 x zucchinis, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 x boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 x cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- fresh parsley to garnish
When choosing an Alfredo Sauce:
- Brands found in the refrigerated section are best
- Whole Foods brand is great
- Primal Kitchen brand is one of our favorites (dairy free, plant based)
- General rule of thumb is looking for clean ingredients as well as < 3g sugar and < 3g carb per serving.
- If you’d like to make your own, try this recipe: Easy Low-Carb Keto Alfredo Sauce Recipe – Gluten Free
Step 1: Using a spiralizer, mandoline, or vegetable peeler, turn the zucchini into thin noodles. Pat dry with paper towels and set in a colander, sprinkle with salt *this also helps to take out some of the moisture. Return to the towel and let set until use.
Step 2: Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chicken, salt, pepper, and garlic and cook until the garlic is beginning to brown and chicken is cooked through, about 7 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan.
Step 3: Add the alfredo sauce. Put the chicken back in the sauce and stir to coat. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper if needed.
Step 4: Toss the zucchini noodles in with the chicken mixture and stir until the noodles are coated evenly. Serve with more parsley and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast, if desired.