Shake Your Lymph Up
Get Your Lymph System Moving!
Your lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs that help rid your body of toxins and carry infection-fighting white blood cells throughout your body.
One part of the PHD Approach is Whole Body Vibration (WBV), but why? What exactly is happening when you are standing there jiggling?
How it Works: The vibrations cause the muscles throughout the body to contract and relax multiple times each second without any effort on your part. This stimulates the movement of your lymphatic fluid.
Ways to Stimulate Lymph Movement:
- Regular aerobic activity or resistance training (strengthening muscles help lymphatic circulation)
- Getting a massage
- Lymphatic drainage therapy
- Dry Brushing
- Drink plenty of water to help facilitate the movement and flushing of toxins
- Shake it up with vibration therapy
- Increased lymphatic drainage. The lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs that help rid the body of toxins, waste and other unwanted materials. Unlike the circulatory system which relies on the heart, the lymphatic system does not have a “pump” and relies on movement to stimulate the flow.
- Increased muscle strength
- Increased flexibility and mobility
- Pain reduction in cases such as with fibromyalgia (disrupts pain signals)
- Improved blood circulation, which can also stimulate tissue healing. Three minutes on a vibrating platform doubles mean circulation for at least 10 minutes.
- Increased fat loss. WBV in conjunction with resistance training improved fat loss in menopausal women. Other research found WBV was 54 percent more effective than traditional aerobics and strength training in producing visceral fat loss. Those using WBV were also less likely to gain the weight back.
- Increased bone mass and mineral density, thereby decreasing risk of osteoporosis
- Increased secretion of serotonin and norepinephrine
- Improved proprioception and balance
- Decreased cortisol levels
- Quicker recovery from injury
- Improved fitness in the elderly
- Increased hormone secretion: IGF-1, testosterone, and human growth hormone (HGH)
- Reduced cellulite
Fact: Lymphatic vessels are distributed along the body wherever we have arteries or veins.
Awareness Challenge this week: Shake Shake Shake Senora! Get moving for all the benefits of a happy lymphatic system.
Tune in next time; we’ll teach you about fasting with exercise!
In the meantime, if you’d like to know more about living a healthier lifestyle, reach out to us for our professional guidance and support. Give us a call!
The key to success is to focus on goals, not obstacles.
Blog Photo Credit: The Cut
Cover Photo Credit: Nurse Labs